This beautifully light, refreshing & Responsibly Sweet salad is a great source of fibre, protein, is low carb AND 93% sugar-free. This recipe uses our Lakanto Maple Flavoured Syrup, sweetened with monkfruit, to drizzle over the pumpkin before being baked.
Gluten Free // No Added Sugar // Source Protein
Time: 1 hour
- ½ pumpkin – can use whatever is around, skin on, cut into wedges – need approximately 6 wedges not too thick
- 2 tbsp Lakanto Maple Flavoured Syrup sweetened with monk fruit sweetener
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to season
- 2 cups quinoa cooked
- Goat’s cheese to crumble
- ½ pomegranate to serve
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bunch of mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 bunch chives, finely chopped
- 1 bunch dill, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds, toasted
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. On a baking tray lined with the baking paper, place the pumpkin wedges and drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil over the slices, followed by the Lakanto Maple Flavoured Syrup.
3. Season with salt and pepper then bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden and softened.
4. Meanwhile, cook the quinoa for 15-20 minutes or until tender, and set aside to cool.
5. Add the herbs, cooled quinoa, pomegranate seeds, red wine vinegar and remaining olive oil to a large bowl. Gently toss to combine.
6. Pour onto a large serving platter. Top with roast pumpkin wedges, goat cheese and the toasted seeds. Drizzle with a little more olive oil to serve.
Approx. Nutritional Information Per Serve 191g - Energy 894 kJ (214 Cal) - Protein 7.5g - Total Fat 11.0g - Saturated Fat 3.0g - Carbohydrate 18.1g - Fibre 4.5g - Sugar 6.7g - Sodium 197mg