Layers of cream cheese ginger and orange finished with Lakanto Brown Sweetener Glaze and candied orange.
Diabetic Friendly serve 140g or less // No Added Sugar // Stevia Free
SOURCE PROTEIN / FIBRE - 96% SUGAR FREE – 60% LOWER CARBSServes 16
- FOR THE CAKE
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour or spelt flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup Lakanto Brown Monkfruit Sweetener
- ¾ cup Lakanto Baking Blend
- 2 large eggs room temp
- 1/3 cup Lakanto Bakers Vanilla Syrup
- 1 Tbsp orange zest
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Lakanto Brown Sweetener
- 500g cream cheese room temp
- 1 cup butter room temp
- 2 Tbsp orange zest
- 1 Tbsp orange juice optional
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g Lakanto Icing Powder
- Dehydrated Blood Orange
- Gingerbread Crumbs
- Crystallised Ginger
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Lightly grease two 3 x 7” springform pans and place parchment on the bottoms.
- In a large bowl add the flour, spices, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Stir with whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In bowl of mixer fitted with paddle attachment beat together the butter and Brown Sweetener and Baking Blend until fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well and scraping the bottom and sides of the bowl after each addition.
- Add in the orange zest, vanilla and Bakers Vanilla syrup. Mix well to combine.
- With mixer on low speed add the flour mixture in by spoonfuls alternately with the water, starting and ending with the flour.Mix just until well combined and smooth.
- Pour the batter evenly into the prepared pans, smoothing the tops.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- Add all ingredients into small pan and bring to a simmer only until Brown Sweetener is dissolved. Let cool 5 minutes.
- Cream the cream cheese and butter together until light and fluffy.
- Add in the vanilla, orange juice and orange zest, mix well to combine.
- With mixer on low speed add in icing powder one spoonful at a time until well combined and completely mixed and creamy, about 3-5 minutes of mixing after all icing powder is added. Scrape down sides of bowl as needed.
- Place the first cake layer on the cake board/plate.
- Spread a large dollop of buttercream on top and spread evenly to the edges of the cake.
- Place next cake layer on top and spread with buttercream on top.
- Decorate with the toppings and pour the glaze on just before serving.
Approx. Nutritional Information Per Serve 140g - Energy 1520 kJ (363 cal) - Protein 7.9g - Total Fat 26g Saturated Fat 16.6g - Carbohydrate 20.6g - Fibre 4.2g - Sugar 3.4g Sodium 256 mg