Salted caramel goodness without the added sugar! A regular caramel slice recipe has about 30g of sugar per serve, but this recipe brings you 87% less sugar, made Responsibly Sweet with our Brown Monkfruit Sweetener and Bakers Vanilla Syrup.
The ultimate responsiblysweet treat, layers of cookie crumb and chocolate wrapped around a moist dense peanut butter creamed filling.
96% Sugar-Free | Source Protein | Source Fibre | 47% Less Carbs
For the biscuit base
- 1 ¼ cups plain flour, sifted
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup Lakanto Brown Sweetener
- ¾ cup desiccated coconut
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, diced
- 2 Tbs Lakanto Bakers Vanilla Syrup
- 1 ½ Tbs water
- ½ tsp bicarb soda
- 4 cups full fat milk
- ¾ cup whipping cream
- 1 cup Lakanto Brown Monkfruit Sweetener
- 100g Smooth Peanut Butter
- Pinch salt
- 3 Tbs cornflour
- For the Chocolate Topping
- 1 cup sugar free chocolate
- ½ cup copha vegetable shortening
- To make the condensed milk: Combine the milk, cream and the Lakanto Brown Monkfruit Sweetener.
- Place over medium heat and bring to boil (do not over boil or it will split). Reduce heat to low, continue reducing liquid until it halves in volume add 100g smooth peanut butter. This will take approx. 20 – 30 minutes.
- Add cornflour and salt to taste, and cook for a further 2 minutes. Allow to cool. Cover with cling film and refrigerate.
- To make the base: Preheat oven to 170ºC. Combine flour, oats, sweetener and coconut in a large bowl and stir.
- Place Bakers Vanilla Syrup and butter in a small saucepan, stir over low heat until butter has fully melted. Mix bicarb soda with 1 ½ tablespoons water and add to syrup mixture. It will bubble whilst you are stirring together, so remove from the heat.
- Pour into the dry ingredients and mix together until fully combined. Press mixture on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper, make the height no higher than 10mm (1cm).
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown and allow to cool. To finish, pour hot condensed milk over biscuit base and bake for 10 minutes, allow to cool until set.
- To make the chocolate topping: melt the chocolate and coconut oil together in a small saucepan over a medium-low heat, stirring until smooth.
- Once the rest of the slice is set, pour the chocolate over the top. Allow to cool in the refrigerator before slicing into 18 pieces and serving.
Approx. Nutritional Information Per Serve 120g - Energy 1860 kJ (445 Cal) - Protein 7.8 - Total Fat 33.4g Saturated Fat 22.8g - Carbohydrate 31.4g - Fibre 5.2g - Sugar 4.1g Sodium 160mg